Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thai Chicken & Peppers



I've made this dish twice and love it every time.  I love it so much I wonder why I don't make it more.  A handful of key ingredients come together for a quick and filling supper.  I like to use the plain frozen brown rice that cooks in 3 minutes in the microwave bag, makes this dish even easier.  I give full credit to the wonderful Rachel over at Rachel Cooks Thai for her recipe and inspiration.  If you like Thai food, check her out, she has lots of good recipes for cooking Thai food in America.  Thank you to Karla and Megan for showing me her blog!!


 nam prik pao--imported all the way from Bangkok in my suitcase :)

 stir fryin' in my Scanpan!

  
 Makes 3 servings

Gather:
1 cloves garlic, chopped 
2 cup chicken, sliced in strips or cut into chunks
2 Tablespoons roasted chili paste (nam prik pao)
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 cup red and yellow bell peppers, sliced in strips
1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (or regular Italian basil)
roasted chili flakes 
Instructions:
Saute the chopped garlic over medium high heat until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add the thinly sliced chicken, roasted chili paste, and fish sauce.  Mix together and cook until the chicken is almost done.
Add the bell peppers and continue to cook until the chicken is done and the vegetables are cooked but still firm.  
Add the basil and if you like some heat, the roasted chili flakes.  Take off the heat and serve with brown rice. 

I used the Thai basil growing on my patio, that I got at Lowe's.  Someone just had to check it out...
what's this..smells good..



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment