Saturday, June 9, 2012

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars

I saw this recipe for strawberry cheesecake bars using Chobani yogurt.  Since I love Greek yogurt and mildly like strawberry cheesecake, I decided to turn it into something I do love, key lime pie!  Although not real key lime pie with condensed milk, this recipe made creamy lime squares with graham cracker crust that was just what I needed for my dessert fix.  And because it uses Greek yogurt for some of its creamy-ness its not that bad for you.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees,

For the crust:
Pulse 1 cup (about 7 sheets) of low-fat graham crackers in food processor
3-4 Tbs melted butter--I used melted coconut oil
1 tsb sugar
Combine in the bottom of a 8x8 pan, press down and bake for 10-12 min. till golden brown.  Make the filling while it bakes.


For the filling:
In your food processor or with a mixer, add:
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% fat, but non-fat would work too)
8 oz non-fat cream cheese
3 large eggs
1/2 sugar (I used a little less, and used turbinado sugar)
3 Tbs flour (I used whole wheat flour, but I would recommend against it, gave it brown little flecks)
lime zest and lime juice to taste (about 1.5 Tbs juice, zest from one lime)

Remove pan from oven and pour in filling, tapping to make sure its level.  Bake 30-35 minutes till set but a little jiggly.  Cool on a wire rack and wait at least 2 hours while it chills in the fridge to cut into it.  I baked mine for 32 minutes and the sides were a little pale brown and the middle firmed up as it cooled.

I will be cutting mine into 16 pieces to share, also the calorie count looks better in my head :)  Enjoy!

Serving--one 1/16 piece: 110 calories, 4 grams fat, 9 grams sugar, 5 grams protein





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment